General Election 2019

The general election will take place on Thursday 12 December 2019. The deadline to apply for a postal vote is 5pm on Tuesday 26 November 2019. Are you registered to vote?

Weather disruptions affecting schools and services

School and nursery closures

Please check direct with the school or nursery for up-to-date information. If you don't know the type of school your child goes to, you can check from a list of Birmingham schools and nurseries.

Concerned about someone sleeping rough?

Here’s how you can help.

If you are concerned about someone sleeping rough please report it to Street Link. If the person needs urgent medical attention please call 999.


Find out where we're gritting and how to report an empty grit bin

General cold weather advice

You can read general advice on how to stay warm and stay well on the NHS website.

Watch a video from British Gas on how to thaw a frozen pipe.

Watch a video from British Gas on how to bleed a radiator.

rating button