COVID-19: Affected library services
Library services in Birmingham are reopening in line with national and local government guidance. Safety is our top priority. Please be aware that services may be subject to change as local COVID 19 circumstances develop. Read more about the services reopening.
Library of Birmingham
Library of Birmingham phone line is now open Monday to Friday, 10am to 2pm.
Please be patient with us, as we expect high call volumes. When telephoning, please be aware that staff are working from home with limited access to specific information.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that the Terraces on Level 3 and 7, the Skyline and Shakespeare Memorial Room on level 9 could be closed without notice. These may be due to inclement weather, essential maintenance or a private event.
Shakespeare Memorial Room
Please note that Level 9 at the Library of Birmingham, incorporating the Shakespeare Memorial Room and SkyLine viewpoint, is currently closed to the public until further notice.
Wolfson centre (for archival research) closure weeks
- Closed from Monday 14 September 2020, reopening 22 September 2020
- Closed from Monday 28 December 2020, reopening 5 January 2021
Please check your local library for a re-opening date.
All libraries will be closed:
- Christmas Day - Friday 25 December 2020
- Boxing Day - Monday 28 December 2020
- New Year's Day - Friday 1 January 2021
Closure over the rest of the Christmas period to be decided.
- Good Friday - Friday 2 April 2021
- Easter Monday - Monday 5 April 2021
- Early May Bank Holiday - Monday 3 May 2021
- Spring Bank Holiday - Monday 31 May 2021
- Summer Bank Holiday - Monday 30 August 2021
- Substitute Christmas Day - Monday 27 December 2021
- Substitute Boxing Day - Tuesday 28 December 2021
Kings Norton library is closed on the Tuesday following a bank holiday.