Controlled parking zones
A Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) is an area where all on street parking is controlled. When you enter a zone there are entry signs to tell you restrictions apply there. Parking is only allowed in parking bays and yellow line restrictions apply everywhere else.
All on-street pay and display bays within Birmingham city centre can be paid for by either purchasing a ticket or paying by phone.
If you display your Blue Badge, parking is free at pay and display on-street parking bays (with no time limits).
- On street parking charges do not apply on Christmas Day, Good Friday and Bank Holidays
- VAT is not payable for on-street parking
NB In the event of a discrepancy, the charges and hours posted at the machine will apply.
Within a CPZ, permit holders can park in designated permit bays during the hours of operation.
Click on the interactive sections on the map for information about each zone
Other Controlled Parking Zones (outside of city centre)
- Humphrey Middlemore Drive, Selly Oak
- Chamberlain Gardens, Edgbaston
- Dale Road area, Selly Oak
- Woodleigh Avenue area, Edgbaston
- Roman Way, Harborne
- Resident Parking Schemes