Birmingham City Council financial challenges - time to Reset

To find out more about the budget and section 114 notice visit our budget information page

Report flooding

Flooding on pavements and roads

In periods of intense heavy rain, the groundwater level rises and sewers can reach capacity. This is usually a short term problem and water will drain away when the weather passes.

If you’ve noticed a highways gully (drain) is blocked, or its grates are missing or loose, report it to us.

Damage to reservoirs

Reservoir failure could lead to the sudden release of deep, fast-moving water. It could be very different from most other forms of flooding and there could be little warning of reservoir failure.

If you notice signs of damage to a reservoir, contact the Environment Agency Incident Helpline on 0800 807060.

rating button