Small Heath library
The original Small Heath Public Library and Baths stands at the corner of Green Lane and Little Green Lane and has been Grade II listed since 1982.
Small Heath Library opened in 1893 with the public baths facility coming later in 1902. Designed by prominent Birmingham architects William Martin and John Henry Chamberlain, it was built of red brick and terracotta in the Gothic-Jacobean style. The National Heritage List for England gives detailed information on the architectural design and significance of Small Heath Public Library and Baths.
In 1977, Small Heath library and swimming baths were integrated into the site of Small Heath Community School on Muntz Street.
The original library building was sold for £24,000 in 1979 to The Markazi Jamiat Ahl-e-Hadith UK, who converted the site into a mosque.