Debt advice for council tenants and leaseholders
This service is free of charge and is available to all council tenants who are experiencing financial problems.
- check your benefits to make sure you’re receiving all the right benefits
- help you prepare a personal budget sheet which shows your income and expenditure
- work out how much you can afford to pay towards priority debts like rent, council tax, gas and electricity
- contact the people you owe money to and negotiate affordable payments
- give general advice on everything from basic money management, fuel efficiency, and county court proceedings