Contents insurance for council tenants and leaseholders
About the tenants content insurance scheme
We have worked with Royal & Sun Alliance to create a contents insurance scheme that's just for council tenants and leaseholders.
Prices start from £0.51 a week for upto £4000 contents cover, and will depend on you postcode. The cost will also include a transaction fee.
The cover has these benefits:
- the option to pay for the insurance weekly, monthly or yearly
- no excess payable on any claim
- no minimum security requirements
- fast and efficient claims service
- new for old cover (except for household linen and clothing where an allowance is made for wear and tear)
You will be covered for:
- fire, lightening, explosion, storm or flood
- escape of water and/or oil from any fixed water or heating installation
- theft or attempted theft
- riot or vandalism
- accidental damage to TVs, videos, mirrors and fixed glass in furniture
- freezer contents
- personal money in the home
- theft and loss of keys
- damage to interior decorations
- accidental death cover.
How to apply
If you are interested in taking out contents insurance with Royal & Sun Alliance, you can apply by phone: 0345 671 8172.
You can also get a quote and apply online on the Royal and Sun Alliance website.
How to make a claim
You can use the online claims portal to submit a claim and track its progress.
Page last updated: 5 February 2024