I need accommodation now
If you need emergency accommodation now and you are aged 25 or over, or are aged 18 to 25 and have dependent children, phone us on 0121 303 7410 option 3. Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
If you are under the age of 25 and have no children, then you will need to attend St Basils Youth Hub instead. You can phone them on 0300 303 0099.
Support available during out of office hours (5pm until 9am on weekdays and over the weekend)
If you are calling out of hours or over the weekend, and you are aged 18 or over, call 0121 303 2296. If you are under the age of 18, call 0121 675 4806.
To speed up your request for emergency accommodation, we need you to provide the following documents where possible:
- a copy of a passport or proof of identification for each person in your household
- immigration papers if you are not a British citizen
- full birth certificates for any children
- proof of any state benefits you receive, such as job seekers allowance, family tax credits and child benefit
- proof of any income or earnings your household may have and details of your spending (this is to assess the cost of any housing offered to you)
- bank statements for all accounts covering at least the last 3 months
- copies of any court documents such as a possession order, bailiff's warrant and so on
- copies of eviction notices, Section 21, a letter asking you to leave, and so on
- a copy of the tenancy agreement
- proof you have been living at the address you claim to be homeless from
The process for assessing your accommodation needs can take up to a day. This may take longer if you do not provide us with enough factual information.
Page last updated: 24 March 2023