Key announcements

We are carrying out maintenance on our mapping server on Wednesday 17 April from 7:00am until 8:00am. During this time, forms and online services which use maps may be unavailable. To find out more about the section 114 notice, visit our section 114 page

I need accommodation now

If you need emergency accommodation now and you are aged 25 or over, or are aged 18 to 25 and have dependent children, phone us on 0121 303 7410 option 3.

Our phone lines are open: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.

If you are under the age of 25 and have no children, you will need to attend St Basils Youth Hub instead. You can phone them on 0300 303 0099.

The council's Domestic Abuse Homelessness Hub, in partnership with Cranstoun, can help people escaping domestic abuse find a safe place to stay. If you need their help, you can call them on 0121 272 8905, or email

To speed up your request for emergency accommodation, we need you to provide the following documents where possible:

  • a copy of a passport or proof of identification for each person in your household
  • immigration papers if you are not a British citizen
  • full birth certificates for any children
  • proof of any state benefits you receive, such as job seekers allowance, family tax credits, and child benefit
  • proof of any income or earnings your household may have and details of your spending. This is to assess the cost of any housing offered to you
  • bank statements for all accounts covering at least the last three months
  • copies of any court documents such as a possession order, bailiff's warrant, and so on
  • copies of eviction notices, Section 21, a letter asking you to leave, and so on
  • a copy of the tenancy agreement
  • proof you have been living at the address you claim to be homeless from

The process for assessing your accommodation needs can take up to a day. This may take longer if you do not provide us with enough factual information.

Outside office hours

If you are aged 18 or over, and you need support to find accommodation outside office hours or over the weekend, phone us: 0121 303 2296.

If you are under the age of 18, phone us: 0121 675 4806.

Page last updated: 30 November 2023

rating button