Birmingham City Council financial challenges - time to Reset

To find out more about the budget and section 114 notice visit our budget information page

What help can I get?

If you have nowhere to stay tonight, then we may provide you with emergency accommodation. But there is no guarantee of this.

We may rely on accommodation available within the voluntary and community sector.

After you speak with a housing adviser, we will do an assessment to see if we can offer you help. If you do not have the option to use public funds, such as benefits, then we may not be able to help you.

If you have children or a vulnerable household member to look after, then social services may have a duty to find you housing while they look at your case.

If we believe you have a priority need for housing help and need temporary accommodation, then you can request it.

There may also be some housing charges associated with your temporary accommodation. If you need help with paying for these, advice is available on our housing charges page.

Page last updated: 1 June 2023

rating button