Apply online using the Planning Portal
Submitting your application and paying fees online will make the registration and consultation process faster and more efficient.
To find out how much planning permission will cost, use the Planning Portal Fee Calculator.
Application fees are increasing from 6 December 2023
- a 25% increase in planning application fees across the board
- a 35% increase in fees for major schemes
- the ‘free go’ on resubmissions will be removed
- there will be an annual rise in fees every April from 2025 onwards
You can view the new fees schedule on the Planning Portal website.
The new fee changes remove the ‘free go’ exemption option on resubmissions for applications submitted after 6 December 2023.
The portal will guide you through the process, but if you need any further help you can contact the Planning Portal Help Centre to find out what documents you will need to submit.
Any viability assessment should be prepared on the basis that it will be made publicly available other than in exceptional circumstances.
Even in those circumstances an executive summary should be made publicly available.
The government provides guidance on viability.
Administration charges on invalid planning applications
If we ask for additional information which is not then provided, we will retain part of the submitted planning fee towards administration costs:
- Small-scale (fees up to £3,999): £30
- Medium (fees £4,000 to £9,999): £50
- Large-scale (fees £10,000 and over): £150