How to comment on a planning application
You can submit comments supporting or objecting to planning applications, or check the progress of an application, using Planning Online:
- Search for the application you wish to comment on using the Application Number or address.
- Click on ‘Add Comments Here’.
- You will usually have 3 weeks to comment on a planning application. The consultation end date will appear on Planning Online, and we cannot guarantee that any late comments will be accepted.
- If you comment on an application we will notify you of the outcome.
We do not currently publish comments online, but they will be available for inspection by the public and copies provided on request, therefore you should ensure that personal information is omitted from the comment text itself.
What you can say in your comment
Comments received must relate to planning matters.
- Loss of privacy
- Loss of light
- Intensity of development
- Design and appearance
- Highway matters, for example traffic and parking
- Impact on community facilities
We cannot take into account:
- Loss of property value
- Commercial competition
- Loss of view
- Disturbance during building work
- Land ownership disputes
Other ways to comment
If you do not want to or are unable to use Planning Online, you can contact us by email or letter to let us know your comments.
Please note that applications are not always referred to committee when comments are made, but your comments will be fully taken into account when the application is assessed.
If you need an interpreter, or have a disability that makes it difficult to view or understand the plans, please contact us to arrange further help.