Green user guide
Birmingham City Council, under the Future Parks Accelerator Programme, seeks to improve access to, the benefits of, and the quality of local green spaces and wildlife across the City.
Therefore, developers should provide a green user guide for each new dwelling and commercial plot approved through planning.
The green user guide should contain information for new occupiers and tenants on:
- what public open spaces are available to them locally
- the facilities and groups which operate in those spaces
- tips and advice on how to manage a private garden
- how to encourage pollinating insects and bees
- how to use planting to support the delivery of the local nature recovery networks and local nature strategies, and adapt to the effects of climate change
You can find a green user guide template to help create your own guide.