Appeal against a decision to refuse your child a school place
If your child has not been offered a place at any of the schools applied for; this will be because the school(s) received more applications than there were places available and other children more fully met the admission criteria. You do have a right to appeal this decision, but please do check that your child met all of the admissions criteria before submitting an appeal.
In deciding on whether you have a good chance of your appeal being allowed, it may be beneficial to consider the following:
- have you been realistic in the school preferences you put forward for your child?
- do you have genuine reasons why your child should attend a particular school?
- would your child be disadvantaged by not attending a particular school?
- are there exceptional circumstances that would prevent your child from attending the school offered or any of the alternatives available?
- has your preferred school's admission authority made a mistake in the way in which they dealt with your application, which meant that your child was not offered a place?
- do you have any evidence or documents to demonstrate the point that you're making?
Appeal for Reception (for children born between 1/9/2014 and 31/8/2015 and Year 2 to 3 (for children born between 1/9/2011 and 31/8/2012) for a place in September 2019:
Please use this form to appeal against the refusal of a place in Year 7 for September 2019:
Appeal against the refusal of a place in current Reception class to current Year 13 using our In Year appeal form:
|Birmingham Local Authority||National|