Essential maintenance - site search facility

The site search facility is undergoing essential maintenance and is currently not available. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

In-year school admissions

Pupils usually start school at the start of the school year in September. Sometimes your child will need to start or change school after this because:

  • You move house, either within or into Birmingham
  • You want your child to change schools

If this is the case you will need to fill in an Application for a Change of School In-Year form.

If you want to apply for a place outside of Birmingham you should contact the local authority (Council) for that area.

What happens after I apply?

If the school you request has places, your child will be offered a place at the school.

The school will notify the School Admissions and Pupil Placements Service of your child’s details and the outcome of the application.

If the school you request doesn’t have any places, your child will be placed on a waiting list and offered a place at the nearest available school. You also have the right to appeal.