Estimated timescales for rehousing
- the rehousing of council tenants started in November 2015 and will continue until everyone has been rehoused
- private residential properties are currently being acquired and this will continue until all have been purchased
- retail, this has varying timescales dependant on the lease arrangements which is individual for each shop. While some shops have chosen to leave early, others are continuing to trade
- Birmingham city council is working with the community centre and the Help Harry Help Others Centre to keep them open as long as possible
- Birmingham city council is seeking vacant possession of the site by December 2017
- estimated dates for main demolition of the centre is 2018, however if practical some early demolitions may be possible as properties become vacant
- the council will continue to work will all occupiers regarding rehousing and relocation requirements, including opportunities presented by the new development.