rating button
Documents you will need | Change of name deed | Birmingham City Council

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Check out the latest advice, service disruptions, information and support about Coronavirus (COVID-19) Latest updates

Documents you will need

You will be advised which documents you will need to bring to your appointment. All documents must be originals and not photocopies, and may include one or more of the following:

  • Birth certificate showing the name which is to be changed
  • Passport
  • Marriage certificate (where applicable)
  • Decree absolute (where applicable)
  • Death certificate of late spouse (where applicable)
  • Certified English translation of the above documents (where applicable)