Key announcements

We are carrying out maintenance on our mapping server on Wednesday 17 April from 7:00am until 8:00am. During this time, forms and online services which use maps may be unavailable. To find out more about the section 114 notice, visit our section 114 page

Changing your name after marriage or civil partnership

If you have married or entered into a civil partnership and decide to take the surname of your spouse, you do not have to complete an official Change of Name Deed as your marriage or civil partnership certificate is your proof of name change.

However, you should contact the Passport Office and all other institutions such as banks, building societies and the DVLA to inform them that you have changed your name.

rating button