Recycling wheelie bin
Your wheelie bin for recycling has a blue lid.
Your recycling bin also includes a pod for paper and card. This keeps it separate from the other materials in the main body of the bin and helps us sort the different types of recycling. We will also collect neatly bundled cardboard left next to your recycling wheelie bin. We won't collect anything else left outside a wheelie bin.
You should put your recycling out at the front of your property between 3:30pm the day before your collection is due, and 6:00am on the day of your collection.
You can also take your recycling to your nearest household recycling centre (tip).
What you can put in your paper pod:
- cereal boxes and thin cards
- junk mail and envelopes
- telephone directories
- yellow pages
- cardboard (flattened)
What you can’t put in your paper pod:
- milk, juice and tetra pack cartons
- padded envelopes
- soiled paper or card
What you can put in your recycling bin:
- plastic household and toiletry bottles (lids removed)
- plastic drink bottles (lids removed)
- brown, green and clear glass bottles and jars
- clean foil and foil trays
- food and drink cans
- metal and plastic lids
- plastic pots, tubs and trays (no black trays)
What you can’t put in your recycling bin:
- food waste
- paint or other non-food tins
- drinking glasses
- pyrex or ceramics
- black food trays
- carrier bags and black sacks
- hard plastics
- light bulbs and mirrors
- plastic film or wrappers