Online and telephone payments

Due to essential maintenance, telephone and online payments will not be available between 8am and 6pm on Tuesday 24 April. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Local land charges (searches)

PLEASE NOTE: The Land Charges Team is currently experiencing staff shortages which will result in delays in responding to your enquiries.

We are making every effort to provide cover for this difficult period and would ask for your patience until normal service can be resumed. Please submit any Search enquires in good time to minimise the possibility of delay.

Local Land Charges searches are an important part of the property conveyancing process. The results of local searches will inform potential purchasers about essential information that a local authority might hold about a property.

The LLC1 search informs purchasers of restrictions or ‘charges’ affecting the use of the property, such as tree preservation orders, enforcement notices, planning permissions and financial charges.

The enquiry forms CON29 and CON29O provide information on matters such as local plans, highways and assets of community value.

Local Land Charges searches are usually undertaken by solicitors but you can also submit your own search.
Some information, including planning permissions, enforcement notices and tree preservation orders can be found online through viewing Birmingham City Council’s Planning Online and Local View facilities.
A personal search of the Local Land Charges register can be obtained by email at no cost. A personal search is a search of the LLC1 register only and does not constitute a full search as replies to the CON29 enquiries are not provided.

We aim to reply to searches within 10 working days.

How to submit a search

Our fees:

  • £26 for LLC1 (excluded from VAT)
  • £63.60 for Con29 (including VAT)
  • Optional enquiries (Con29O) can be added for £12 per question (including VAT)
  • £24 for each additional property/parcel (including VAT)

Payments for searches can be made by cheque, payable to Birmingham city council or by BACS, please contact us for BACS details.