Local Land Charges (searches)
Following Government advice, Birmingham City Council is taking measures to reduce the spread of Coronavirus by introducing working from home wherever possible.
The Land Charges, Highways Searches and Addressing Teams will be working from home until further notice.
We will continue to respond to enquiries and applications but there is likely to be an increase in response times. Our current response rates are
- LLC1 or CON29 7 working days
- Land Charges personal search requests 10 working days
- Highways Searches letter enquiries 12 working days
- Addressing applications 6 to 8 weeks
Highways Personal Search enquiries no appointments are currently available. For a limited period we are able to provide a service under the Environmental Information Regulations in place of inspection of our records.
Please submit any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with a heading of PERSONAL SEARCH - property address.
We can provide the following types of information:
- Confirmation of Road Status (e.g Private/HMPE)
- Plan showing Public Rights of Way
- Details of Highways Improvement Lines
- Details of Traffic Schemes
- Details of Legal Agreements
We will aim to answer any such enquiries within 20 working days.
Local Land Charges searches are an important part of the property conveyancing process. The results of local searches will inform potential purchasers about essential information that a local authority might hold about a property.
The LLC1 search informs purchasers of restrictions or charges affecting the use of the property, such as tree preservation orders, enforcement notices, planning permissions and financial charges.
The enquiry forms CON29 and CON29O provide information on matters such as local plans, highways and assets of community value.
Local Land Charges searches are usually undertaken by solicitors but you can also submit your own search.
Some information, including planning permissions, enforcement notices and tree preservation orders can be found online through viewing Birmingham City Councils Planning Online and GISMaps facilities.
A personal search of the Local Land Charges register can be obtained by email at no cost. A personal search is a search of the LLC1 register only and does not constitute a full search as replies to the CON29 enquiries are not provided.
You should allow up to 8 working days for personal search results to be returned.
How to submit a search
- By email: to email@example.com
- By post: to Local Land Charges, PO Box 28, Birmingham, B1 1TU
- £31.00 for LLC1 (excluded from VAT)
- £73.50 for Con29 (inclusive of VAT)
- £104.50 for LLC1 & Con29 Full Search (inclusive of VAT)
- Optional enquiries (Con29O) can be added for £14.40 per question (inclusive of VAT)
- £24 for each additional property/parcel (inclusive of VAT). Please contact us for a quote if you think there may be additional parcels
Payments for searches can be made by cheque, payable to Birmingham City Council or by BACS, please contact us for BACS details.