Key announcements this weekend

Some of our forms will be unavailable between 8:00am and 2:00pm on Saturday 23 March. We apologise for any inconvenience. Waste dispute resolution. Find out more – including your collection day

Land ownership and boundary issues

Land ownership and boundary issues are private matters and are not regulated by us. They must be resolved between neighbours (unless involving council owned land). Advice on this is available from the Citizens Advice Bureau

If you want to find out who owns a fence, or who property belongs to, then property deeds often contain boundary ownership details. Title deeds are available online from the Land Registry, or whoever you hold your mortgage with will hold a copy.

If your dispute involves works to or near a shared wall, it may fall within the scope of the Party Wall Act 1996. More information about preventing and resolving party wall disputes is available in the from

rating button