The Council is working with landlords, agents and tenants to encourage responsible renting, to promote a positive image of private renting and to support good practice.
We provide information and advice to tenants on a variety of subjects including:
- Threat of eviction
- Harassment from your landlord
- Notice to Quit
- Repairs to rented property
- Rent and other charges
- Types of tenancy agreements
- Housing benefit
- Landlord responsibilities
- Ending a tenancy.
If your enquiry relates to a private rented disrepair issue or require landlord or tenant advice we require the following information:
- You name, address, phone number and e-mail address
- Number and ages of occupants
- Name of the landlord
- Address of the landlord
- Phone number of the landlord
- E-mail address of the landlord
- Description of the property (such as number of bedrooms)
- Date your tenancy began
- Types of disrepair issues and their location (such as mould growth in the bathroom)
- Have you contacted your landlord?
You will need an online account to request landlord advice. Create an account if you don't already have one.