Birmingham Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) Pool
How to apply to the NQT Pool 2020 - (closing date noon Monday 13 January 2020)
HR Services for Schools operates an NQT pool every year, from which hundreds of Newly Qualified Teachers secure their first position in a Birmingham School. The pool is open to all Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) who are defined as those who have gained Qualified Teacher Status but have not yet completed the statutory twelve-month programme known as the "induction for newly qualified teachers" (The Education (Teachers) (Amendment) Regulations 1992).
To apply to the NQT Pool you must complete the following paperwork:
- Please read the Application Form Guidance Notes and Additional Information.
- Complete the Application Form. Ensure that your application form is completed in full or it will be returned to you (please pay particular attention to your history, employment and training to ensure there are no gaps).
- Your completed application should be sent to email@example.com by noon on Monday 13 January 2020.
- We must receive two references, a Teaching Reference and a College Reference. These forms must be forwarded on to your referees along with a copy of the Job Role Document. Your references must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 31 January 2020.
You cannot apply to the pool if you are an experienced teacher as you do not hold Newly Qualified Teacher status, please access opportunities for qualified teachers by viewing our teachers vacancies.
- Monday 4 November, NQT Pool opens
- Noon Monday 13 January 2020, closing date for NQT pool
- Friday 31 January 2020, deadline for receipt of completed references
- Week commencing 10 February, query week for missing information or references