Library of Birmingham
Library services in Birmingham are reopening in line with national and local government guidance. Safety is our top priority. Please be aware that services may be subject to change as local COVID 19 circumstances develop. View the latest information on our library pages.
Please check our library closures page for closures affecting the Library of Birmingham.
- Monday to Tuesday: 11am to 7pm (phone lines close at 5pm)
- Wednesday to Saturday: 11am to 5pm
- Sunday: Closed
The express service will reopen on Monday 16 August:
- Monday to Tuesday: 9am to 11am, and 7pm to 9pm
- Wednesday to Friday: 9am to 11am, and 5pm to 9pm
- Monday to Friday: 11am to 5pm
- popular fiction and non-fiction books, special collections and promotions
- book borrowing and returns
- library registration and reservation service
- study space
- access to free Wi-Fi
- use of computers and printing facilities
For details of our Archives opening hours, including the Wolfson Centre for Archival Research, please see our Archives and Heritage opening hours page.
There is a returns bin on the outside of the Library of Birmingham that can be used out of hours. When using the Returns Bin or a Self-Service Kiosk please take a receipt.
NB If you are returning an item from another Birmingham Community Library you may not be able to return it using the Bin. These items can be returned at any Customer Service Desk once the library is open.
When planning your visit, be aware that Paradise Circus is currently undergoing major renovation works which may affect your journey. You can find out more information on the Paradise Birmingham website.