COVID-19: Affected library services
Library services in Birmingham are reopening in line with national and local government guidance. Safety is our top priority. Please be aware that services may be subject to change as local COVID 19 circumstances develop. Read more about the services that are currently available.
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on 4 January, the country has entered a period of stricter national lockdown restrictions. Birmingham libraries are taking immediate action to protect the public. As part of comprehensive city council measures, libraries (including the Order and Collect Service) will be temporarily closed. A new postal book delivery service is being planned.
Library Services at Home
Library Services at Home is closed until further notice.
The Mobile Library service is closed until further notice.
Bank Holidays 2021
- Good Friday - Friday 2 April 2021
- Easter Monday - Monday 5 April 2021
- Early May Bank Holiday - Monday 3 May 2021
- Spring Bank Holiday - Monday 31 May 2021
- Summer Bank Holiday - Monday 30 August 2021
- Substitute Christmas Day - Monday 27 December 2021
- Substitute Boxing Day - Tuesday 28 December 2021
Kings Norton library is closed on the Tuesday following a bank holiday.