Drainage investigations and water leak detection
Public sewers and water supply
Severn Trent Water and South Staffs Water own and manage the network of public sewers for both foul and surface water across Birmingham. To report problems with a water supply or overflowing public sewer you should contact them directly.
You may have a known issue with an existing drainage system and need to identify the fault/defect/obstruction, or you may need to determine if specific pipe routes will be suitable for re-use on a proposed development site.
We can manage the following surveys for you.
- CCTV condition survey (includes pre-cleansing jetting)
- High pressure water jetting (used in conjunction with a CCTV Survey when significant operational defects are encountered).
- Dye testing
- Man entry condition surveys (where CCTV crawler systems cannot be used because of rubble and debris laying in the invert of a culvert or man entry sized pipe or brick trunk sewer).
- Laboratory analysis for water ID
- Tanker-vacuum jetting unit for clearance and disposal of mass silt/blockages.
- Pre and post condition surveys (to assess sewer systems on or close to active construction sites, where vibration from ground works may cause damage).
External water leak detection
Water mains supply leaks can quickly cause subsidence to land and property as well as running up high water bill costs and they can be the cause of obvious health risks associated with living or working in a damp environment. BCL Site Investigation and Surveys will select the most appropriate method of leak detection applicable to your situation.