Our building investigation team can provide you with expert advice in relation to the performance and quality of the materials used in buildings and structures. We have an in-depth knowledge of construction related materials and components ensuring that the building surveys carried out are always of the highest standard. We provide surveys to reassure you that buildings are constructed as designed and are performing well, which is essential when a purchase, major refurbishment or investment is being considered.
We can offer you a professional surveying and inspection service to:
- Reinforced concrete structures and concrete condition surveys. We specialise in the appraisal of reinforced concrete structures and buildings. Test and surveys we can provide include; measured defect and delamination surveys, reinforcement corrosion assessment, concrete core sampling, carbonation, covermeter, half-cell potential surveys and assessment of chloride contamination. Following the survey of a structure, we can provide a fully interpretative report of our finding and provide recommendations on the most effective repair strategy in accordance with BS EN 1504.
- Investigation of construction related faults and defects. We provide a full consultancy service to undertake investigations and testing to determine the cause and nature of defects which can affect both new and existing buildings and structures. Our teams are experienced in undertaking assessments of modern and historic buildings, civil engineering structures, system built structures and domestic properties. We offer a full range of services to assess materials and products including, coatings, renders, masonry and brickwork, wall ties, concrete and other cemtitious materials, windows, doors, cladding and roofing systems.
- Building and construction material failures. From foundations to roof tiles, we can provide you with specialist advice and reports which identify the exact causes of failure or likely future performance of a wide range of construction related materials and products. We provide site inspection and testing, specialist testing and analysis and provide full technical reports with recommendations for repair or remediation. The team can also assist in a wide range of dilapidation surveys.
- Building inspection. Our fully trained abseil teams carry out high rise safety inspections and rope access surveys to safely examine and test all areas of buildings and structures. Services range from localised measured defect surveys through to full durability assessments of buildings and structures. Our building investigation teams are specialist in the assessment of high-rise tower blocks and other forms of low or medium rise social housing.
- Determination of Constructional Details. A large part of the team’s work is related to the assessment of existing structures to determine as built construct details. These assessments employ a range of techniques and are normally undertaken for architects or structural engineers prior to refurbishment or significant change of use of a building or structure.