Acocks Green library
Acocks Green Library opened on 14 June 1932 and cost £14,000 to build, with a further £3,000 spent on books.
Original features of the building include the use of Grinshill stone masonry and terrazzo, which give the building a modern Georgian look. The interior of the library featured oak floors, custom made shelves and furniture. When the library opened, more than 9,000 books were borrowed in the first week. Such was the demand for their services, Acocks Green library staff worked until 9pm at night.
During the Second World War, the railings from Acocks Green Library were taken down for the war effort. A garden of remembrance and memorial have been in place at the library since the 1960s.
Acocks Green library was refurbished and modernised in the 1990s and reopened on 9 May 1995.