What do I do?
It’s really easy! You use your passport to build up a record of out of school activity. All out of school activities in Birmingham libraries have been validated by the Children’s University. All you have to do is attend an event/activity at the library of your choice to receive your stamp.
- At the end of the event or activity you should receive a sticker or a stamp from the library you are at.
- Each activity is generally equal to one stamp. This includes:
- Library workshops – modelling, badge making, archives, animation workshops and much much more
- Library events with – magicians, jugglers, clowns, stand-up comedy, cookery, science, animals and again.. much more than can be added here
- Children/teenage reading group, on-line reader development, author talks
- Summer reading challenge
- Creative writing, writing blogs, book reviews, poetry – workshops, performance, selecting library stock, participating in interview panels
- Library skills and ICT skill sessions
Plus! A one hour visit to the Library of Birmingham also counts as an activity.
Don’t forget to come along with your Passport to Learning… and have fun!