Birmingham City Council section 114 notice updates

To find out more about the section 114 notice, visit our section 114 page

I have been asked to leave my housing association property

Reasons for eviction

If your housing association has asked you to leave, it is likely because you have breached your tenancy agreement or you do not have a right to stay in the property.

If you are being evicted for a breach of tenancy, it is unlikely that you will qualify to join the housing register. This means you will not be able to bid for another council or housing association property.

Getting help

There may be actions we can take before you are evicted.

You can request a housing needs assessment to discuss why you are being asked to leave and what we can do to support you to remain in your home.

Exploring other options

If you are being evicted from your property, you will need to explore other housing options, such as private housing.

Page last updated: 15 June 2023

rating button