Birmingham City Council financial challenges - time to Reset

To find out more about the budget and section 114 notice visit our budget information page

I cannot afford to pay my rent

As a tenant, you are under contract to pay your rent. This should be your priority above most other expenses.

If you are struggling to pay your rent, think about whether there are some expenses that you could save money on.

This includes:

  • TV, high speed internet packages, smart phones and so on
  • cars
  • socialising and entertainment
  • cigarettes and alcohol
  • holidays

If you are evicted for rent arrears, you may apply for homelessness help.

If we find out that you did not pay your rent when you could have done so, you will be considered intentionally homeless. This includes if you spent money on non-essential things rather than paying your rent.

For financial help, visit our pages on money advice.

rating button