Order a copy of a civil partnership certificate
We can only provide certificates for civil partnerships that took place in Birmingham. You can check which Register Office to apply to on GOV.uk's website.
Certificates cost £11 each,; you can ask for copies of several different certificates as part of the same order. If we can't find a matching entry for the certificate you’ve asked for, we won't refund the fee.
You can ask for copies of several different certificates as part of the same order. There are two types of certificate you can order:
- Full: all the information contained in the civil partnership record, including the addresses of the civil partners at the time their partnership was registered.
- Extract: The same information as the full certificate, except the partners' addresses.
To order a certificate you will need to know:
- The full names of both civil partners
- The date of the civil partnership registration
- The place where the civil partnership was registered
- Full addresses of both civil partners at the time of registration (if ordering a full certificate)
When you order a certificate online we'll send it to you by Royal Mail recorded signed for post within 15 working days of receiving your order. Refunds won't be issued in the event that we do not hold your certificate or can't find it based on the information supplied.
Alternatively, you can:
- complete and return a civil partnership certificate application form by post. If you do, we’ll send the certificate(s) to you by Royal Mail recorded signed for post within 15 working days of receiving your order.
Certificates cost £11 each. If we can't find a matching entry for the certificate you’ve asked for, we won't refund the fee.
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus) you cannot attend the office to make an application in person. To apply for a copy certificate you need to apply on line or by post.