Apply for a correction to a birth certificate

Sometimes mistakes are made during the registration. It may be possible to correct them, if you provide the necessary evidence.

When we make a correction a note is placed next to the original record in the Register. The note describes what the correct details should be.

To apply for a correction, download and complete the relevant form below.

Once your completed form has been processed, you will need to make an appointment if you want to witness the correction being made at Birmingham Register Office.

rating button