We are now returning to our normal levels of service for gas emergency appointments following the recent adverse weather conditions. We are currently attending an increased number of call outs and would ask that you allow more time today for our operatives to attend.
If you are currently without water, Severn Trent are currently working hard to restore water in Ladywood, Harborne, Longbridge, Walkers Heath. Use the Severn Trent online postcode checker to find out if you're affected.
An emergency repair is something that needs to be fixed quickly because it is a danger to health or safety. For example:
- no heating or hot water (during extreme weather)
- no electricity
- no cold, clean drinking water
- dirty water coming up through plug holes or toilets
- a damaged door or window has left your home insecure
- a severe leak or burst pipe
- a leak that is affecting the electrics
- an unsafe electrical fitting that is sparking or smoking, or bare wiring
When people exaggerate a problem to get a quicker response it stops us from responding quickly to real emergencies. If we find that you have exaggerated your repair or your circumstances, we may charge you for the cost of the emergency call-out.
If your home needs an emergency repair, don’t use the online form to report it. Call us on:
- 0121 216 3330
- 0121 675 8221 – textphone for people who are deaf or hard of hearing