Birmingham City Council financial challenges - time to Reset

To find out more about the budget and section 114 notice visit our budget information page

Do I need a selective licence?

The new selective licensing scheme covers 25 of Birmingham’s 69 wards.

You will need a selective licence if your property is in one of the designated wards. The wards are:

  • Acocks Green
  • Alum Rock
  • Aston
  • Balsall Heath West
  • Birchfield
  • Bordesley Green
  • Bordesley and Highgate
  • Bournbrook and Selly Park
  • Edgbaston
  • Gravelly Hill
  • Handsworth
  • Heartlands
  • Holyhead
  • Ladywood
  • Lozells
  • North Edgbaston
  • Small Heath
  • Soho and Jewellery Quarter
  • South Yardley
  • Sparkbrook and Balsall Heath East
  • Sparkhill
  • Stockland Green
  • Tyseley and Hay Mills
  • Ward End
  • Yardley West and Stechford

Check your ward

If you are not sure which ward you are in, our address checker will tell you if you need a selective licence.

Check my ward.

Apply for a selective licence

Apply for a selective licence.

Page last updated: 28 November 2023

rating button