Apply online - Late application
The closing date was 15 January 2021 at 11:59 pm
The online admissions system will reopen on 16 January 2021
- If you are a late applicant that has applied online between 16 January and 25 January 2021 and you feel that you had exceptional circumstances that prevented you from applying on time (by 15 January 2021). You must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 January 2021 clearly stating in the subject field Exceptional Circumstances.
- You must also state in your email your child’s name, date of birth and application reference number e.g. 330-2021-09-E-117117 and what the circumstances were. Please ensure that you attach any relevant evidence e.g. if was due to a house move into Birmingham proof of address or if it was due to a death of a close family member a copy of the death certificate etc.
Please note evidence to support your exceptional circumstances will not be requested by Birmingham City Council, it is up to you to provide the evidence when you send your email and the evidence you provide must be relevant to your own circumstances.
- Birmingham City Council will consider all those late applications that follow the above steps and have not already submitted an application prior to 15 January 2021. If we feel that your circumstances are exceptional, we will accept your application as on-time. If the circumstances are not deemed as exceptional your application will be treated as a late application accordingly.
- Birmingham City Council must exchange data (school applications) with other admission authorities on 28 January 2021. Therefore, any late applications submitted from 28 January 2021 onwards, no matter what the circumstances, will not be considered until after the offer of places on 16 April 2021.
- List three primary schools in order of preference.
- Make sure you have read the admission arrangements for the schools you are interested in and know how likely it is that your child will be offered a place, though late applicants are less likely to be offered a place at one of their preferred schools.
- If you have chosen any schools that require you to complete a supplementary information form, request the form from that school and send that form directly back to the school.
Submit your late online application form
- You will receive email confirmation that you have submitted your late application form. Please check this is correct.
- IMPORTANT: if you amend your preferences, please ensure you re-submit your application form otherwise your late application will not be processed.
Other useful information
- Did you know you can translate the city council's web content?
- If you require any further information after reading all the information on the website please call Children’s Services on 0121 303 1888.