Help us get the customer experience right for you

We want to provide a customer experience that exceeds your expectations. Help us do this by completing our survey on the BeHeard website

Apply for an unlicensed family entertainment centre gaming machine permit

Premises which are mainly used for people to play on gaming machines, such as small arcades in holiday parks, theme parks and seaside resorts, must have a Family Entertainment Centre (FEC) gaming machine permit.

This permit is valid for 10 years and can be renewed. There are no annual fees.

Machine types

Unlicensed Family Entertainment Centres can provide category D machines for use by families and unaccompanied children.

However, if the operator of a Family Entertainment Centre wants to provide category C machines and category D machines, they must instead apply for:

Holders of Premises Licences can’t apply for Family Entertainment Centre gaming machine permits.

Apply by email

To apply by email, complete the downloadable application form with a scan of your signature and email it to After we’ve received your application, a licensing officer will contact you to take a debit or credit card payment for the appropriate fee

rating button