Send us a gambling Occasional Use Notice

If you want to provide betting facilities at a track (a horse racecourse, dog track, etc) that has no premises licence, and betting activities will take place no more than 8 days a year, you must send us an Occasional Use Notice (OUN). Application is free.

An OUN must be sent in writing to us before the first event and a copy sent to the chief officer of police for the area the track is in.

You must already hold a Gambling Commission operating licence (be a licensed bookmaker).

Apply by email

To apply by email, complete the downloadable application form with a scan of your signature and email it to

rating button