What happens after you report antisocial behaviour to us
We will assess the level of support you need.
Our contact centre may give you advice on how to deal with the situation.
We may assign you a neighbourhood officer or a housing officer. The officer will:
- make contact with you by phone and by email if the phone does not work
- make an appointment with you
- draw up an action plan
- put the action plan into practice
- agree how often they will update you
- contact you before agreeing to close your case
The type of resolution will be different depending on what the antisocial behaviour is. What might happen to resolve the situation:
- warnings – letters are issued in some instances if evidence is available of a tenancy breach
- legal action – in some rare cases, as a last resort to deal with criminal behaviour and/or continuous tenancy breaches
Mediation helps the person behind the antisocial behaviour to understand your feelings. An independent mediator will arrange for you to meet. They will help to guide your discussion to find a way forward. Most antisocial behaviour is resolved through mediation.
Page last updated: 17 November 2022