Elected Home Education (EHE) Parents Noticeboard
Last year a number of workshops were provided for Home Educating parents by Services to Education on behalf of Birmingham City Council. New workshops are also being delivered this year for parents in the Birmingham area. In order to attend please click on the link below and register direct with Services for Education.
Invitation to all home educating groups in Birmingham
Birmingham City Council is looking to strengthen a Working Group for supporting parents in Birmingham, who have decided to EHE their children. We are now looking to expand representation from other groups to shape how we can work in partnership to support Birmingham’s home educating families.
Bournville College 14 to 16 provision for EHE students
You can get more information relating to EHE 14 to 16 provision at Bournville College please contact, Anna-Marie Wood on 0121 477 1300
FOLIO Sutton Coldfield
FOLIO Sutton Coldfield is community group of Sutton Coldfield residents who want to see our public libraries not just survive, but thrive at the heart of our community.
We work towards this by:
(a) Supporting and promoting the current library service in Sutton Coldfield;
(b) Facilitating educational courses and events in libraries and through library outreach.
In the past we've run messy play sessions, local flora talks, reminiscence events, author visits, genealogy help desks, code club, writing workshops and more.
We hope that we are able to offer activities and events for all Sutton Coldfield residents and would be particularly interested in hearing from home educators and their children about what activities and events you would like in Sutton Coldfield library.
If you've a suggestion for what you'd like to see take place in your local library please get in touch either through our website - foliosuttoncoldfield.org.uk or through FOLIO Sutton Coldfield's Facebook page.
English and Mathematics free on-line resources
Services For Education in partnership with the Elective Home Education Team (Birmingham LA) has produced a series of free English and Maths videos.
- are aimed at children in the primary age range,
- include practical exercises and materials to use at home,
- are written and presented by English and Maths experts,
- each video is about 20-30 minutes long,
- most include a downloadable ‘workbook’.
The videos are designed to help enhance your skills and confidence in supporting your child in these key areas.
Careers Guidance Support for Year 11 Elective Home Educated young people
Birmingham Careers Service is offering free careers guidance interviews and support to apply for post-16 opportunities to year 11 elective home educated young people.
To find out how you can access this support please contact Jenny Lashley, Birmingham Careers Service Adviser email@example.com
On their website Birmingham Careers Service have lots of useful information, help and tips to help you plan your future career. These include:
- Open Days – Birmingham Careers Service (Local College/6th Form Open Day information for young people applying for post-16 courses starting in September 2022)
- Parents Carers weblet (birminghamcareersservice.co.uk) (Tips for parents/carers on how to support their children with their careers choices)
- What is a Careers guidance interview? (birminghamcareersservice.co.uk) (Explains how a careers interview can help young people with their careers choices and planning)
- Post 16 Options (birminghamcareersservice.co.uk) (Explains the range of post-16 options available)
For further information visit Birmingham Careers Service website: www.birminghamcareersservice.co.uk