Are you struggling with the cost of living?

You can find help with accessing grants, useful advice and money that you may be entitled to. Visit our cost of living support page

Progression into Higher Education (HE)

Disabled Students’ Allowances

The systems in place to support disabled students to study at level 4 and above in an FE college or university are known as Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs).  

These are non-repayable grants that assist with the additional costs incurred by disabled students.  

They also apply to those studying HE in an Further Education (FE) environment. DSAs fund a range of support, including assistance with the cost of specialist equipment, travel and non-medical helpers (for example sign language interpreters).

Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) Application Form and Process

If you wish to attend a maintained school sixth form, general Further Education College, specialist provision or independent provision, please continue to section how places are allocated.

rating button