Educational support for School Aged Parents
The School Aged Parent Team is part of the Alternative Provision & Independent Education Service. The purpose of the team is to facilitate the inclusion of the young person within education, whilst ensuring schools are supported in following the national guidelines for good practice and local safeguarding policies.
This page contains useful links and briefings that have been delivered by the team:
- Birmingham City Council education and support for pregnant students and school age parents.
- Statutory guidance: Keeping Children Safe in Education.
- Care To Learn – helps pay for childcare while student is studying.
- Pregnancy Outreach Worker Service – assesses needs and provides one to one face to face support.
- Gingerbread – Charity for single parent families who give advice on a wide range of topics including benefits.
- Birmingham Careers Service – Advice and guidance to help young people make decisions on learning, training and work.
- Presentation delivered to Designated Safeguarding Leads 2017.
Audrey Wheeldon – School Aged Parent Coordinator
Telephone: 0121 464 7221
Mobile: 07766 924484
Main Office: 0121 464 7215
Postal Address: Alternative Provision and Independent Education Service – PO Box 16524. Birmingham. B2 2FP.