Order or renew garden waste
Previous subscribers to the garden waste service who still have bins at their properties can now re-subscribe following the easing of coronavirus restrictions. This will be at the reduced rate of £30, which will cover the remainder of the 2020 collection season (a fortnightly service which ends in late November/early December). However due to the way in which the council’s contact centre is working remotely, only online bookings will be possible.
Unfortunately due to an unprecedented demand since re-opening sales, we regret that we have run out of stock of new garden bins. As there is currently an extended lead time for the delivery of new bins from our suppliers, we have taken the decision to temporarily stop sales where residents do not already have a garden bin that they can use. The service is therefore only currently open to renewals for residents with a garden bin already at their property.
After placing your booking, we will send your garden waste bin sticker by post. Please be aware that your collections will only resume once you have received your garden bin sticker and displayed this on your garden bin. This may take up to 14 days to arrive after subscribing to the service.
- Collections start between 2 and 13 March 2020 with final collections taking place between 23 November and 4 December 2020.
- Once purchased, bin subscription stickers will be posted out shortly before your first collection.
- We will always try to collect on the same day as your household waste but in some circumstances it may be on a different day. The letter with your bin sticker will confirm your collection day or alternatively you can check your collection day from mid February.
- Any new or additional bins will be delivered without a subscription sticker and these will be sent separately in the post.
- You can order more than one garden waste service at an additional cost.
- You need an online account to order or renew. Create an account if you don’t already have one.
Please note: To help reduce the amount of single use plastic in our garden waste recycling we are no longer offering sack collections to properties suitable for wheelie bins. We appreciate this may cause inconvenience to some of our customers but we believe that this is the right step to take. When you renew your subscription, we will deliver a new garden waste wheelie bin (brown lid) to your property.
What we would like you to do:
- Put your garden waste bin or sacks out by 6am on your collection day. We will collect your garden waste between 5:30am and 3:30pm
- Ensure there is no excess garden waste outside the bin or sack
- Only place the correct garden waste items in the bin or sack
- Ensure the bin lid is shut and the sacks are tied
If you're moving home, or for more information on your garden waste service, refer to the garden waste terms and conditions.