Order or renew garden waste
To ensure you benefit from the full 20 garden collections in 2018 we recommend that you renew or purchase the garden waste service by Monday 19th February ready for the start of the service, week commencing Monday 5th March 2018.
Please be aware that although we aim to get subscription stickers and new bins out as soon as possible, it can take up to two weeks to process a garden waste renewal or new purchase.
The garden waste collection service is available across the city for an annual fee of £38 if you book online, or £40 if you book over the phone.
- Garden waste will be collected fortnightly
- First collections will start between 5 and 16 March 2018 and final collections will take place between 27 November and 8 December 2018
- Once purchased, bin subscription stickers will be posted out shortly before your first collection.
- We will always try to collect on the same day as your household waste but in some circumstances it may be on a different day. Check your collection day.
- If you already use wheelie bins for your household rubbish and recycling, we will provide you with a wheelie bin
- If you already use sacks and boxes for your rubbish and recycling, we will provide you with a set of 60 sacks
- You can order more than one garden waste service at an additional cost
- You need an online account to order or renew. Create an account if you don’t already have one
What we would like you to do:
- Put your garden waste bin or sacks out by 6am on your collection day. We will collect your garden waste between 6am and 3:30pm
- Ensure there is no excess garden waste outside the bin or sack
- Only place the correct garden waste items in the bin or sack
- Ensure the bin lid is shut and the sacks are tied
If you're moving home, or for more information on your garden waste service, refer to the garden waste terms and conditions.