Key announcements

Due to essential maintenance, our housing rents online service will be unavailable from Friday 21 January at 5pm until Monday 24 January at 9am. We apologise for any inconvenience. Coronavirus remains a serious health risk. It’s important to stay cautious and help protect yourself and others. Continue to follow national guidance.

Request an assisted collection

If you are disabled, a blue badge holder or aren’t well enough to put out your rubbish, recycling or garden waste, we will help you.

When you apply for this service, we may ask you for proof that you are eligible.

If you live with someone who is 16 years old or above who could put out your rubbish, you won't be eligible for the assisted collection service.

If your application is successful, we will provide the service for a fixed period of time. After this time, we may ask you to reapply so we can make sure you're still eligible.

We may withdraw this service at any time if we believe you are no longer eligible.

Apply for assisted collection

You can apply for this service using the form below, or you can be referred by recognised voluntary groups or healthcare providers. 

You will need an online BRUM account to apply for an assisted collection. Create an account if you don't already have one.

Apply for an assisted collection

rating button