Birmingham Cycle Revolution
Detailed information about Birmingham Cycle Revolution, including contact details and events, is available at the BCR website
Our vision is to make cycling an everyday way to travel in Birmingham over the next 20 years. We want 5% of all trips in the city to be made by bike by 2023 and to double this to 10% by 2033.
This will help to make our city healthier, greener, safer and less congested.
- Provide quiet cycling routes and 20mph areas within residential areas.
- Upgrade canal towpaths.
- Develop new cycling green routes through parks and open spaces.
- Improve local links to cycle routes.
- Provide new secure cycle parking hubs.
- Develop cycle loan and hire schemes to make it easier for people to get started.
The scheme will be supported by the Big Birmingham Bikes programme of free bikes, cycle training and activities with employers, schools and communities to encourage cycling. You can even get rewarded for cycling with the Better Points app.