Council Tax Change in circumstances
If you move house or there are changes in your household, you need to tell us.
If you are a Council Tax payer or receive benefits and you change your name, address or billing address you will need to tell us. If somebody moves in or out of the household, your entitlement to an exemption, discount or benefit may change.
If you withhold this information you may be committing an offence, which could result in a notice being issued and a penalty of £70.
If you receive benefits you may also need to report other changes.
You need to tell us about any of the following changes:
- Billing address
- If anyone has moved into or out of the property
- Property ownership.
You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Name, address and contact details
- Type of change
- Your interest in the property, such as owner, tenant, occupier, etc.
- Council tax billing reference number
- Name of council tax payer
- Billing address.