Online forms maintenance

Due to scheduled maintenance this weekend, some of our forms may be unavailable between 5am on Saturday and 10pm on Sunday. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Tell us if someone in your household dies

If you have recently had a death in your household you must notify us.

It will help to have the following information to hand:

  • name of the person who died and date of death
  • executor or administrator’s details
  • name and address of the solicitor dealing with the estate; and
  • date probate or letters of administration were granted.

Notify us of a death

If the occupier or owner of a property dies, please refer to the council exemptions and discounts page explaining how Council Tax is affected, so we can change your Council Tax payments if necessary.

If you would like to register a death please visit the Register Office website.

rating button