Perry Barr 2040: A Vision for Legacy
'Perry Barr 2040: A Vision for Legacy' masterplan was formally adopted by Cabinet on 8 February 2022.
It has since already received a “Highly Commended” in the region’s Excellence in Plan Making Practice category of the RTPI West Midlands Awards for Planning Excellence 2022. Read more about the Awards.
Why is PB2040 important?
'Perry Barr 2040: A Vision for Legacy' sets a framework for Perry Barr that will deliver long term improvements in the area. It seeks to build on the regeneration projects already underway and capitalise on the significant momentum created by the Games to secure a genuine post-Games legacy that local people can be proud of.
The masterplan has been developed following extensive engagement and public consultation, and it sets out:
- A vision to unite stakeholders
- Clear objectives that identify the themes that are key to the area's transformation
- Place principles to deliver the vision for the future, focused on five themes:
- Support living and working
- Renew and repurpose
- Make a green and sustainable place
- Nurture a healthy community
- Promote a thriving Perry Barr
- Five focus areas in Perry Barr that have the most significant potential to deliver change. These are:
- Perry Park
- Perry Barr Village
- Perry Barr Urban Centre
- Perry Hall Park
- Walsall Road and River Tame Corridor