Important changes to the way you access electric vehicle charge points in Birmingham
The electric vehicle charging points in Birmingham that are part of the Plugged in Midlands network are being transferred to a new back end server system operated by Chargemaster Plc on Friday 27 November 2015. All existing registered users have been sent a new membership card enabling free usage for 12 months. Further information can be obtained on www.pluggedinmidlands.co.uk
Road transport accounts for over 25% of Birmingham’s CO2 emissions and is a significant source of harmful pollutants which affect air quality and health e.g. NO2, particulate matter.
A key strand in our policy to tackle CO2 emissions and improve air quality is to support the uptake of low emission vehicles. To do this, we have been involved in a number of projects which are helping to develop a network of electric vehicle charging points in the city. On these pages, you can find:
- Locations of electric vehicle charging points;
- Technical information on electric vehicle charging points;
- How to use electric vehicle charging points (external website);
- A brief background to electric vehicle infrastructure in Birmingham;
- Details of grant funding available; and
- Frequently asked questions for Electric Vehicle drivers (external website).
If you need further support: