Road transport accounts for over 25% of Birmingham’s CO2 emissions and is a significant source of harmful pollutants which affect air quality and health e.g. NO2, particulate matter.
A key strand in our policy to tackle CO2 emissions and improve air quality is to support the uptake of low emission vehicles. To do this, we have been involved in a number of projects which are helping to develop a network of electric vehicle charging points in the city. On these pages, you can find:
- Locations of electric vehicle charging points;
- Technical information on electric vehicle charging points;
- How to use electric vehicle charging points (external website);
- A brief background to electric vehicle infrastructure in Birmingham;
- Details of grant funding available; and
- Frequently asked questions (external website).
If you need further support: