Important changes to the way you access electric vehicle charge points in Birmingham
Our electric vehicle charge points have changed to the Charge Your Car (CYC) system.
You can no longer use a Plugged in Midlands (PiM) card for the 18 Birmingham City Council charging points. The cards are required to access other charging locations in Birmingham and the West Midlands, found on the PiM charge point map.
To continue using the City Council charge points, you will need to use the CYC mobile phone app, a CYC RFID card or your debit/credit card.
You will know if a charge point has been transferred to the CYC system from the CYC sticker on the charge point (picture to the right) or by checking the CYC charge point map.
We will keep these pages up to date with information about the switch. All Plugged in Midlands members will also be contacted directly.
Road transport accounts for over 25% of Birmingham’s CO2 emissions and is a significant source of harmful pollutants which affect air quality and health e.g. NO2, particulate matter.
A key strand in our policy to tackle CO2 emissions and improve air quality is to support the uptake of low emission vehicles. To do this, we have been involved in a number of projects which are helping to develop a network of electric vehicle charging points in the city. On these pages, you can find:
- Locations of electric vehicle charging points;
- Technical information on electric vehicle charging points;
- How to use electric vehicle charging points (external website);
- A brief background to electric vehicle infrastructure in Birmingham;
- Details of grant funding available; and
- Frequently asked questions for Electric Vehicle drivers (external website).
If you need further support:
- For any issues regarding the charging points, please contact Charge Your Car on 01912 650500 or email@example.com.
- For further information about electric vehicle charging in Birmingham, please contact the transportation policy team on 0121 464 5313 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.