Report a missed bin or sack collection
On 24 September 2018 a new operating model for waste collection services was launched. Further information can be found in the news update
As this new model is being implemented there may be some disruption to your waste collections. Household collections will remain on the same day, however the rounds the crews are working on, will be different. If any collections are missed, please accept our apologies in advance, and report uncollected waste and we will collect it as soon as possible. Please also note we have crews supporting missed work who are collecting into the evening, so if your bins are not collected by 3:30pm they may still be collected on the same day.
What you need to do:
- Check your collection day.
- Only report a missed collection after 3:30pm, providing you have put your bin/sack out before 5.30am on your collection day.
- Only leave additional waste to the side of the bins if it is the result of previously reported missed collection. We will however collect a reasonable amount (no larger than the body of the bin) of neatly bundled cardboard left next to your recycling wheelie bin, if it will not fit in the paper pod.
- Put your rubbish / recycling in the correct container. We will not empty your recycling bin if it contains garden waste. Instead our crew will leave a tag on your bin which explains why it wasn't collected. This is not a missed collection.
- If you live in a flat or apartment, the online service cannot always be used. You can report the missed collection against the block name instead of the flat/apartment number. If reporting this is unsuccessful, please contact us by telephone 0121 303 1112 to report the missed collection.
- You will need an online account to report a missed collection. Create an account if you don’t already have one.
Please do not make duplicate reports about the same bin being missed, as this may lead to a delay in your bin being collected.
Alternatively you can dispose of your refuse and recycling at the city's household recycling centres.