Report a missed bin or sack collection
Please accept our apologies for not collecting your waste on time. If you have already reported your missed collection either online or via the telephone and your household and recycling has not been collected within 2 calendar days, please take it back onto your property and we will collect it on your next scheduled collection day together with a reasonable amount of side waste. If you are notifying us of a new missed collection, please continue to report this below.
To report a missed bin or sack collection:
- Check your collection day.
- Only report a missed collection after 1:30pm, providing you have put your bin/sack out before 5:30am on your collection day.
- Only leave additional waste to the side of the bins if it is the result of previously reported missed collection. We will however collect a reasonable amount (no larger than the body of the bin) of neatly bundled cardboard left next to your recycling wheelie bin, if it will not fit in the paper pod.
- Put your rubbish / recycling in the correct container. We will not empty your recycling bin if it contains garden waste. Instead our crew will leave a tag on your bin which explains why it wasn't collected. This is not a missed collection.
- You will need a BRUM account to report a missed collection. Create an account if you don’t already have one.
Alternatively you can dispose of your refuse and recycling at the city's household recycling centres.
If you would like to report a missed clinical waste collection please visit our clinical waste section.