Mobile Household Recycling Centres
About our Mobile Household Recycling Centres
Our 4 Mobile Household Recycling Centres (MHRCs) visit all areas of the city. They visit each location for one morning – from 7am to midday. This means they visit 20 different places in the city each week.
You can dispose of recycling and household general waste at our MHRCs.
There are staff on site to help you at each MHRC.
This service is not for commercial use. We have a commercial waste service for businesses.
If you arrive in a commercial vehicle, for example, a van, we will check that you are not disposing of commercial waste. We will ask you to sign a form, and you will be limited to disposing of 10 items or 20 black bags. People who arrive in a commercial vehicle will only be allowed to visit the MHRC once.
Visiting an MHRC
- can visit as many times as you like
- do not need to book
- do not need to bring ID
- do not need to pay
Find out if your area is receiving a visit. This page is updated quarterly with visits that will happen in the next 3 months.
What you can bring
You can bring:
- recycling, including paper, cardboard, glass, plastic, tins, tetrapak, and clothes
- garden waste and wood
- bulky items, including furniture
- household rubbish that cannot be reused
You cannot bring:
- building materials, for example, rubble, concrete, sand or soil, bricks, slabs and paint
- white goods such as fridges and washing machines
- large items such as garage doors, tree stumps or thick branches
- hazardous materials such as asbestos, engine or cooking oil and gas cylinders
- wheelie bins
Page last updated: 23 August 2023